I provide commercial inspection and building consulting services, from small storefronts to multi-unit office or industrial-type properties. Whether you’re an owner, buyer, realtor, bank, lender, or investor, I can help you gain a thorough understanding of the property and remove a significant amount of uncertainty in your decision-making.
Property Condition Assessments
I offer Property Condition Assessments, in-depth Engineering Evaluations, Environmental Surveys, as well as any combination of my general building inspection services.
I follow the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standards for PCA. PCA should include the following in order to provide "good commercial and customary practice":
- Documentation review and interviews
- Walk-through survey
- Preparation of opinions of probable costs to remedy physical deficiencies.
- Creation of Property Condition Report (PCR).
A typical Property Condition Report includes:
- Opinions of probable costs only for repairs likely to exceed $3,000. These costs should be for immediate repairs (within one year) and for short-term repairs (within one to two years).
- Estimates of remaining useful life for building components.
- Photographs of typical building elevations, major systems and major deficiencies noted.
For many commercial clients a baseline Property Condition Assessment (PCA) provides valuable insight into the general condition of the building and its major systems. Services are performed in accordance with the ASTM Standards of Practice for Property Condition Assessments (ASTM E2018-08).